Roshomalai Recipe for Beginners| Step-By-Step Explanations in Detail| Very Easy Process
Rasmalai Recipe Step-By-Step for Beginners
Ingredients for Rasmalai Recipe
The ingredients for Rasmalai are divided into three parts. Rasogolla, malai milk, and garnish.
1. Ingredients for the Rasogolla Recipe
- Fresh milk- 5 cups
- Lemon juice or vinegar- 1 ½ cup
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Water- 1 cup
2. Ingredients for the Malai Milk
- Fat milk- 5 cups
- Warm milk- 1 tablespoon
- Sugar- ¼ cup
- Cardamom- ½ tablespoon
- Saffron- ½ teaspoon
Ingredients for Garnishing
4-5 pieces of pista and almond.
How to Make Rasmalai?
Step 1: Making the Roshogolla
- Take a big bowl and pour the milk and give a good boil in a medium flame.
- Now, add the vinegar or lemon juice and stir very well to extract the chenna from milk. When the whole milk turns into the chenna, the green water will come.
- Strain all the chenna in fresh white cloth. Squeeze it to extract all the unwanted water.
- When the maximum water gets strained, place the tied cloth near the basin and keep a heavy stone plate or bowl or any other heavy thing on it to strain out the last drop of the sour water. Leave it for 2 hours.
- Now, open the cloth and wash the chenna with water to drain all the sourness from it and become fresh.
- Place the chenna on a flat big plate to knead it very well. It will make the chenna smooth and soft. Here you can use very small white flour to tighten up the dough.
The mashing and kneading process will continue for 12-15 minutes.
- Now, make small balls.
- Boil a bowl of water, and add sugar and cardamom.
- Pour all the chenna balls into it and steam for at least 5 to 8 minutes.
- Then turn off the flame, cover the lead, and leave it for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow the chenna balls to absorb sweetness.
- Now take another plate. Squeeze all the juice from the Roshogolla and keep it.
Step 2: Making Malai Milk
- Take a small bowl and add the saffron. Leave it to rest.
- Boil the milk very well. You can see that the layer of malai is coming at the upper portion. Collect it at the side of the bowl.
- Repeat this process for 3-4 times.
Meanwhile, the total amount of milk will become half.
- Now mix the malai and the sugar.
- Now add the saffron milk and the crushed cardamom.
- Stir them very well.
- Leave it to get cooled.
Step 3: Garnishing the Rasmalai
- Take a serving bowl. Place the roshogolla.
- Now pour the malai milk slowly with the help of a big spoon.
- Crush the nuts and spread it over the ras malai.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for cooling.